Thursday, February 17, 2005

The Way My Ideas Think Me

by Jose Garcia Villa


The way my ideas think me
Is the way I unthink God.
As in the name of heaven I make hell
That is the way the Lord says me.

And all is adventure and danger
And I roll Him off cliffs and mountains
But fast as I am to push Him off
Fast am I to reach Him below.

And it may be then His turn to push me off,
I wait breathless for that terrible second:
And if He push me not, I turn around in anger:
“O art thou the God I would have!”

Then He pushes me and I plunge down, down!
And when He comes to help me up
I put my arms around Him, saying, “Brother,

Brother”… This is the way we are.

6 comments:

lala said...

I like this poem a lot. It touches my spiritual side. Ü

Air Acilegna said...

nyay.. Les! Alam mo po bang.. itong poem na ito ay report namin sa english!! hihi!! (-.-) ganda 'to!! Something to reflect on! (-.-)

cutie said...

guyz can u pliz help me to answer those question..
plizzzz,,,,


1.what meaning do you find in the title?

2. how is god portrayed in this poem?

3. explain thespeake's realization regarding god-man relationship?

LuCky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
messie gurl said...

hmmm .. ate air report q dn po yan sa english q pwd po ba magpatulong sau ?! mejo ngu2luhan po kasi ako eh .. tnx po!!

Anonymous said...

report ko din ito sa english bukas....waaaaa