Monday, February 14, 2005

The Twin Towers


I was born near the twin towers. I have been here 17 years, 11 months and 21 days before it was built.

A friend came to me one day and he said “Mind if I build my twin towers here?”

I did not answer.

Though I knew he was hesitant, he repeated what he said.

“Mind if I build my twin towers here?”

I looked straight into his eyes for a few seconds and I could tell that he was serious. I knew he noticed my teary eyes. I took my eyes off him and I stared anywhere else.

It was so quiet. We stayed like that for a few minutes and finally, I broke up the silence.

“Ok, Go on. Do anything you would like to.”

“Thanks buddy.”

“Whatever.” I said to myself. I left him immediately. I knew then that for the second time, I had just made a decision that I would regret someday.

I was in my room one night and I noticed that the moonlight was not passing through my window anymore. My phone beeped. It was a message from a friend. It said “I have just completed my twin towers in eight months. I can see the beautiful moon from here!”


No comments: