Sunday, March 06, 2005

Ooops, What the f--- SORRY!

I had my very first accident yesterday. Don't worry guys i'm not injured.

Yesterday, after i had written my two posts, I decided to go to the gym (believe it or not, i'm enrolled in a gym). When i was on my way, i noticed that the traffic was so slow, and i was kind of in a hurry cuz it was already 5pm then and the gym closes at 8. I was stuck for a while on a bridge because there was a moderately damaged truck which was involved in an accident that had to be towed away. After that, the traffic went on smoothly. Then there was this tricycle that was SO slow. I wanted to pass that one, and when i had the chance, I immediatley went on take over and... CRASH! I hit a scooter on the side (btw, i'm riding a scooter too). The driver immediately jumped off his scooter to avoid being hit by me, but still he had very few bruises. Luckily, i did not have any bruises.

I admit it was my fault. I did not lose my coolness, though i was kind of speechless. Well yes, I was so speechless while the driver immediately approached a pay phone and I had no idea who he was calling. Then after he called he approached me and said "Pare, ano ba nangyari ha... blah blah blah". After a while, a big guy with a big scooter arrived followed by some few persons (the "uzis"). Everyone was looking at me like a criminal and i was like "hey, i only hit a scooter and he's not dead... yet!" (LOL). Later we found out that the scooter was kind of damaged in the engine. The gasoline leaks. So the driver said "Pare ano na gagawin natin dyan... hiniram ko lang 'to.."

Then I heard a person saying "Bayaran mo na lang yung parts nyan"

I said to my self "P-parts...?" then to them "Magkano po ba yun?"

"Mura lang naman."

I felt kind of relieved when i heard the word "mura" (lol) cuz i really had a few bucks left and my mom is not yet yet remmitting. The big guy with a big scooter said "So ano, pag-usapan nyo na lang yan... hindi ko na kayo ibabaranggay?" And so i found out that he was actually the brgy. chairman.

We immediately went on to the nearest motor shop and bought the part. It was worth P250. The driver said "Wag kang mag-alala, yung kasama ko na ang magbabayad ng service fee nung gagawa." Maybe he realized then that he too had a mistake in the accident.

I was really late and i wanted to leave. But then i patiently waited. Then at last the scooter was done... fortunately, the part that i bought was not used and they had to refund it. They gave me back my money and they told me to just pay the service fee worth P50.

So the lesson of the accident is:

1. If you have plans for the day, make sure you finish it on time.

2. Don't be late. (i really have to work on this one)

3. It pays to be patient. (See, i saved P200! LOL)

So that was my first accident... and hopefully my last.

2 comments:

Bryce said...

Yes indeed, patience is a virtue. :D

Air Acilegna said...

nyaaaay,, buti ganon lang.. pero kahit ganon lang, ang dami mong natutunan,,,hihi!! bakit kaya very prone sa accidents ang scooter??? haayyy...